English Learners Advisory Committee
English Learners Advisory Committee (ELAC)
LOVE ELEMENTARY'S ELAC
These meetings are open to the public. Feel free to come learn about how this group helps set priorities and plans for our school. Meeting schedule for 2021-22, to be posted in the fall.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact LoveElementaryELAC@gmail.com
ELAC is the English Learner Advisory Committee
The committee is comprised of parents and staff who not only advocate for English learners and families but for everyone that makes up the Love Elementary community.
ELAC works with the principal and School Site Council (SSC) on the development of programs and services for English learners and provide support and resources for English Language Development (ELD) families.
ELAC also provides a venue for all parents and guardians to have discussions on their children's learning experiences and opportunities as well as their own, to build a rapport among families, and to create a diverse, and engaging school community at our school.
Resources for EL and Immigrant Families
Immigration and Refugee Resources
- Alameda Unified School District Immigration and Refugee Resource
- From the United States Department of Education, this thorough resource provides considerations in all aspects of work with newcomers.
English Language Resources
- Alameda Unified School District English Learner Program
- Alameda Adult School ESL Classes
- College of Alameda ESL Classes
- Alameda Free Library
- A FREE language learning website (many different languages)